Started by Mad_Nick
475th MP's 2 Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:46 pm
by THE_REAL
Please welcome Moqa WaMa to the 475th
Started by GTO_nut
Join the 475th 9 Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:15 am
by 31v15

Please unban from Dod_Caen
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view Forum Index -> Banned Players
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Wal-MartSecurity
Hi, my name in Dod_Caen is Wal-Mart Security.  I have been playing in Merril’s Mauraders servers for years.  I stopped playing DoD for a long time, but I recently built a new gaming computer.  I was playing in DoD_Caen Friday after work, and then a lot on Saturday.  Later in the day, a mod posted that the person using wall hacks needed to stop before they got banned.  There were over 20 people in the server, so I laughed at it thinking they had scanned someone’s computer and were going to ban them.  30 mins later, the mod then said Walmart, and said I was going to get a 3 day ban.  I tried to defend myself when I realized I was being accused, but within 3 seconds I was banned.  He said if I return with the wall hacks, I will be permanently banned.  I don’t have hacks, so I don’t know what to do.  The new computer improved my frame rate and aim, but I was still under a 2:1 k/d ratio (not that good).  My ping is really low too so that probably helps.

I can stream my gameplay to a mod through Steam, so you can see my screen and see that I am not hacking.  I think it is wrong for mods to ban based on a hunch.  This is basically the only server left on DoD, so a permanent ban from an overzealous mod is essentially a complete ban from the game.  Can someone please spectate me/watch me stream, and lift the ban?

Thanks,
Wal-Mart Security

Private First Class I

Groups Private First Class I
Posts 2
Joined Sep 15, 2019
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Wal-MartSecurity a private message Find all posts by Wal-MartSecurity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:39 am Reply with quote
DarkvAmP
Hi, Wal-Mart Security.

Thanks for your replay concerning to your existing ban.

The Moderator who set your ban was [475th^AR] NYC {MP} and I believe he will be aware of your request here in this forum. However, your ban is for (only) three days and I advise you to wait until your ban has expired. After that, try to take attention to what the Moderators or CLAN MEMBERS say about players that are in-game.

I hope you enjoy your return to the [475th^AR] Merrills server.

Dark vAmp

Corporal
Clan Member

Groups Corporal
Clan Member
Posts 42
Joined Mar 10, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Wal-MartSecurity
Thanks DarkVamp.  I can wait out the ban, but the problem is he said he would permanently ban me if I return “with the hacks still on”.  Also, he banned me within a few seconds of me being accused last time, so I assume he will not give me much chance to defend myself, and will end up permanently banning me.  I was paying attention to everything they were saying, but I assumed it was someone else until he said Wal-Mart and banned me right after.  I was only able to say “what????”, and was then banned and checked the console message.

Could you please just make sure that NYC does not end up permanently banning me without proof?  I like this community, and was hoping to see if I run into anyone that I used to play with, and it would suck if I got banned like this.

Thanks,
Wal-Mart Security

Private First Class I

Groups Private First Class I
Posts 2
Joined Sep 15, 2019
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Wal-MartSecurity a private message Find all posts by Wal-MartSecurity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:19 pm Reply with quote
KrazeeGreek
Wal-Mart

I will be monitoring this closely.

Welcome back to the server and please follow the rules that can be found on the forums as well as a partial list that pop-up in game.

Greek

Major
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Major
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 267
Joined Mar 04, 2018
Status Offline
View user's profile Send KrazeeGreek a private message Find all posts by KrazeeGreek
[475th^AR]Kraze...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:02 pm Reply with quote
NYC1
i didnt ban him permanently. only racists get a perm ban from me. both vamp and i spectated walmart for 20 minutes. vamp said hes aimbot i agreed and added hes wall hacking too. vamp said warn him then ban for 2 weeks. i warned walmart and banned for 2 days

Corporal
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Corporal
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 46
Joined Mar 21, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send NYC1 a private message Send NYC1 an email. Visit user's website Find all posts by NYC1
misty9spyder ny...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Insane
— NYC1 wrote
i didnt ban him permanently. only racists get a perm ban from me. both vamp and i spectated walmart for 20 minutes. vamp said hes aimbot i agreed and added hes wall hacking too. vamp said warn him then ban for 2 weeks. i warned walmart and banned for 2 days

If he was using cheats, then the ban should be permanent. Also, there is no need to give warnings to cheaters; in fact, they must be banned directly.

Administrator
Clan Member

Groups Administrator
Clan Member
Posts 124
Joined Jun 05, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
[475th^AR] Insa...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:37 pm Reply with quote
NYC1
i hate cheaters too. racism is the worst, cheating is bad, and wrong but ppl can stop cheating on a dime, especialy if it means they wont be allowed back. racists dont care where they get kicked out of, they wont stop. id like to see a racist stop his bigotry that fast. never gonna happen.  so thats why i didnt perma ban walmart.  if faced with that situation again insane, what should i do? looking for advice.

Corporal
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Corporal
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 46
Joined Mar 21, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send NYC1 a private message Send NYC1 an email. Visit user's website Find all posts by NYC1
misty9spyder ny...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:08 am Reply with quote
Sandy
Any demos to support the use of aimbot/wall hack?

Major
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Major
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 206
Joined Mar 02, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Sandy a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Sandy
Sandoval
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
51 days ago

Most Played:
This week: 0.5hrs.
Total Played: 10,576hrs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:15 am Reply with quote
DarkvAmP
— Sandy wrote
Any demos to support the use of aimbot/wall hack?

Hi Sandy, I'm glad to hear from you.

I posted a reply at 475th Clan Business.

*Salute*

Corporal
Clan Member

Groups Corporal
Clan Member
Posts 42
Joined Mar 10, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Insane
— NYC1 wrote
i hate cheaters too. racism is the worst, cheating is bad, and wrong but ppl can stop cheating on a dime, especialy if it means they wont be allowed back. racists dont care where they get kicked out of, they wont stop. id like to see a racist stop his bigotry that fast. never gonna happen.  so thats why i didnt perma ban walmart.  if faced with that situation again insane, what should i do? looking for advice.

My advice is that cheaters should not have a second chance at all. If you have enough and conclusive proof, that a player is using cheats, you should issue a permanent ban on that person. Cheaters ruin games and make honest players to stop playing or having fun. I understand too that racism is something worst, but this is not a comparison. Both things are wrong and deserve a hard punishment. Let’s suppose that you banned a player for 3 days because he was using a wall hack, do you really believe that a cheater will stop using it just because he was banned?. People who use cheats already know that their actions could result in a permanent ban, and they still decide to do it. For that reason, a cheater more than likely will continue using cheats and, as a result of being discovered and receiving a temporal ban, he will try to dissimulate it as much as possible the next time he plays in the server.

Regarding your question, if faced with that situation again, my advise is that you should record a demo (proof), and if you are sure that the player is cheating, issue a permanent ban. After that, if that player ask to be unbanned, his demo can be analyzed by others to make a final decision.

Administrator
Clan Member

Groups Administrator
Clan Member
Posts 124
Joined Jun 05, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
[475th^AR] Insa...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:53 pm Reply with quote
NYC1
understood insane. i will follow your lead but i still believe if sum 1 likes our server they wil comply. but ill follow your lead

Corporal
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Corporal
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 46
Joined Mar 21, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
misty9spyder ny...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:57 pm Reply with quote
NYC1
no demo sandy  just the corroberation and spectating done by me, a 20 yr vet and vamp

Corporal
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Corporal
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 46
Joined Mar 21, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
misty9spyder ny...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1