Started by SprayNPray
475th Technical Help 1 Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:35 pm
by SprayNPray
Game Playing Methods / Thoughts
Started by zealot
475th Source Servers 1 Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:58 am
by zealot

Permabanned?
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Forum Index -> Banned Players
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:25 pm Reply with quote
ghandi
name: gHanDi, gd
Steam-ID: 0:0:63269
Reason Banned: Admin Disrespect
Timeframe: Permanent

I was recently banned today for calling one of your admins ignorant. Which, to be fair, was an accurate assessment at the time seeing as the admin was lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about a particular thing.

This particular thing was my name, gHanDi. He told me to change the name for it being too Religious or Political. At which point I told him that I was given the OK by InSaNe previously since the name is neither Religious, as he is not a head of a political group, nor Political, as the name itself is a parody on Gandhi (notice spelling) being a pacifist and a player in game seeing "gHanDi killed Master of Flags with k98" as a death message is ironic. Notice, not religious nor political. So accurate description of the information and most of all awareness the admin was lacking.

But what has led to me calling him ignorant? Let's review what happens when I join a server. Immediately, before I even start playing, players accuse me of cheating. This will lead to some players taking matters into their own hands and shooting me to 10 hp with their pistol or outright TK'ing me and after they have saved enough Karma and freed up some "free TK's", they will do it again. If they don't TK or pistol me to 10 hp, they will walk behind me preventing me from going backwards or moving in any alley. Sometimes it's just non-stop accusations of me being a cheater or loser or better yet, when Master of Flags constantly spams that I love strap-ons. This type of behavior doesn't bother me because I know how much better than the "good player" I am and realize that they are trying to justify their skill level by calling me a cheat.

I am harassed constantly by individuals and called a cheater by people who have never spectated me once. I call the admin ignorant and am banned. This is a bad look.

Bonus: This may not "prove" anything to you that I don't cheat, but here is my frag video from when I played at the top tiers of competitive DoD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FMu_W3xqck

Private First Class I

Groups Private First Class I
Posts 2
Joined Jun 04, 2019
Status Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:56 am Reply with quote
31v15
Hi GHandi, KrazeeGreek will answer to your ban request as he was the one issuing it.

But I would like to say that the video was cool, you're obviously a really skilled player. (But also mention that anyone playing that song on our server would get banned as we like to keep things pretty strict and clean around us)

See you around.. ;-)

/Elvis

Captain
Clan Member

Groups Captain
Clan Member
Posts 175
Joined Mar 10, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
[475th^AR] Dann...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
21 hrs, 18 mins ago

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:24 pm Reply with quote
KrazeeGreek
Sorry
The ban stands.
Your first mistake was to call me ignorant, your second mistake was to come in with another user account/steam ID
and bypass your ban. (Coming into the forum and calling me ignorant again did not help you either)
the first offense was a 2 week ban, and I was being lenient. Your second offense was a permanent ban. I gave you plenty of time
to exit the game after warning you that you will be banned for bypassing a current ban. You chose not to leave. So, who is the ignorant one?  

This will be the end of this discussion.

Have a nice day

Greek

Major
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Major
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 217
Joined Mar 04, 2018
Status Offline
View user's profile Send KrazeeGreek a private message Find all posts by KrazeeGreek
[475th^AR]Kraze...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:23 pm Reply with quote
ghandi
Wow. Calling you ignorant is "Admin abuse"? I called you ignorant because it was, by definition, the correct word to use. As I left my house, I told my brother who is living with me to go join the server and ask why I was banned for 2 weeks. He apparently never got that message from you and was banned thereafter. Did you tell him in chat? Or via a message like you did for me to change my name? I only ask this because due to the abuse we receive daily when playing, he disables the in-game chat messages. The only way he communicates is via typing "say <enter>" in chat.

Being unable to take criticism from the community and then doling out punishment because you can't take said criticism, again is a bad look. Being called ignorant isn't an insult, it is letting you know you are oblivious to some information that would alter your position. What you do with that information after is up to you, you can remain ignorant or you can accept the new information.

This gives the impression that abuse towards good players is encouraged. Let's tell everyone that they like strap-ons. But if you, for 1 instance, call someone ignorant, correctly may I add, this is good for 2 weeks.

Private First Class I

Groups Private First Class I
Posts 2
Joined Jun 04, 2019
Status Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Insane
I was the first one who gave you several warnings about your name. It is not that hard to change your nickname and follow a simple set of the rules. The only reason why I told you that you can use your nickname is because I asked GTO about it, and he told me to let you use it. However, I still think that I was right in asking you to change your name in the first place. KG and I are not ignorants at all. We know who Gandhi was. Maybe you should read more about Gandhi. In fact, there are books that can help you to understand this, like “Gandhi as a Political Strategist.” He was not only a historical figure but also President of the Indian National Congress. For many people, he is considered as one of the greatest political and spiritual leaders of the 20th century.

On the other hand, I realized now that you changed your nickname to “gHanDi - Historical figure moro” after I kicked you for the first time. I am supposing you wanted to call me “moron,” but it was not allowed by the system because of the maximum limit of characters in the name. You disrespected two admins, so I totally support KG’s decision.

Last edited by Insane on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sergeant
Clan Member

Groups Sergeant
Clan Member
Posts 97
Joined Jun 05, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
[475th^AR] Insa...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:36 pm Reply with quote
KrazeeGreek
Insane

Any player that comes on boasting about how good they are or were as a former TPG player definitely has an attitude problem and feels entitled to play on our servers.

He is not the first, nor will he be the last......

http://dod475th.com/amxbans/ban_list.php

Major
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Major
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 217
Joined Mar 04, 2018
Status Offline
View user's profile Send KrazeeGreek a private message Find all posts by KrazeeGreek
[475th^AR]Kraze...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1